The home buying process can be intimidating if the information is new to you, but at Pacific Funding Mortgage Division, we specialize on educating our borrowers and keeping them up to date on the progress of their loans. Interested in what this process looks like? See below.
- Meeting with a real estate professional: Let them know what type of home you’re looking for; including style, price and location.
- Get pre-approved: Make sure to have on hand your pay stubs, W2s, and bank statements. This will help you to know what you can afford. A PFMD loan officer can do this for you in minutes.
- Search for homes: The fun part! Have your real estate agent schedule showings and ultimately find the perfect place to call home sweet home.
- Make an offer: Your agent will be key to getting the offer prepared to have it based on the price and terms you choose.
- Negotiation and contract: There’s no guarantee that the first house you bid for will be successful but hang in there. You’re on your way!
- In escrow: You and the seller have now agreed to the price and terms. The home is effectively held for you until closing.
- Final details: Make sure to invest in the proper inspections, ordering the appraisal, and review terms with the lender.
- Closing: Transfer of funds will now take place along with ownership. A title company or attorney will most likely act as an independent third party to facilitate the closing.
After reviewing this list, do you have questions and want to dig deeper into the home buying process? We encourage you to reach out to Pacific Funding Mortgage Division to speak with a loan officer! Your loan is in good hands with our industry professionals that are all highly educated in the home buying process.