As people reach certain milestones in life, getting a home is a goal for many of them. For some people, the need for a certain size home may change as their family grows or people move out for a variety of reasons. But with such a big decision to make, you want to make sure you have the best resources available, including mortgage loan options.
One of the most important steps in buying property includes working with a loan officer to evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of loan applications. These days there are many options to go with when it comes to finding a loan officer.
What are the most important traits to keep an eye out for? Should they provide a skill set in particular? Let’s look at some positive traits for a good loan officer to have:
- Transparency – Clear communication is key especially when it comes to understanding your loan. This may be regarding loan regulations or about providing specific information to get approved. Education is one of the best ways to have a good idea of what to expect.
- Passionate – It is great to see a loan officer passionate about their job. This trait will set them apart in going above and beyond in doing their best. Customer service is better, and the positive energy makes the entire experience worthwhile.
- Data Driven – Loan officers that understand the benefit of being the best performer will be driven by data to help them succeed. They pride themselves in knowing the market. This information is also a great asset to potential borrowers that want to have a loan officer that can set goals and measure their success with real data.
- Accountable – The companies they work for should have high work and ethical standards. Good loan officers will appreciate being held accountable to these standards and being able to prove that they are reliable in multiple ways.
- Connected – Finding a loan officer that has rich professional connections with local real estate agents help in gaining great knowledge shared between them. Being able to maintain a positive line of communication in the mortgage industry is a great asset.
In need of a great mortgage loan officer? Check out www.pfmd.com for more information on partnering with our team of experts in the mortgage lending industry. You can also email Team@pfmd.com or click on our website’s “Apply Now” button to have a loan officer reach out to you in the near future.